Sunday, September 13, 2015

"The F-Word: Feminism in Jeopardy"














By: Kristin Rowen-Finkbeiner

I thought that this article was extremely interesting. While reading it, I actually felt quite uncomfortable. I felt this way because in high school we didn't talk much about these feminist movements in my U.S. History class...to be honest it seemed like all we talked about was the railroad. But that is besides the point, going off what I said before, why didn't we talk about it? That is what makes me feel uncomfortable. It gives me the feeling that there are still some sexist activities going on. There should have been chapters upon chapters about these feminist movements. Instead there were about 2 to 3, and maybe a point here and there throughout the textbook. It is such a sad thing think about because those were peak moments in history for women. Kristin Rowen-Finkbeiner shaped this article in such a great way. She made sure that the reader knew exactly what happened and how important it really was. Some of the things in her article I had no idea about. Something should be done about that.

file:///C:/Users/Ginger/Downloads/Rowe_Finkbeiner.pdf

















The women back in the day fought for what they believed in, and men and women are still practicing those beliefs today. Where would these women be without their faith? They are extremely strong for what they did and those women deserve to be remembered.

Today people are still fighting for what they believe in. Years from now, they will still be fighting. Hopefully one day this on going battle will come to a halt. It makes you think though. Where would women be if they did nothing?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyle, I agree with what you said about not giving us enough information about Feminism in High School or in any grade of our life's. I feel like this topic should be shared more in schools and discussed. Also answering the question that you asked about were women be of they did nothing I believe that women would probably would've been disrespected, judged, afraid and would have not rights.

    ReplyDelete