Saturday, September 19, 2015

Oppression

















Marilyn Frye

While reading this article, I couldn't help but think of the Middle East. I've seen movies, heard stories, read articles, watched the news...the list goes on. My point is, I've heard and seen things that happen in those countries. I feel that what I've heard and seen goes directly with what Frye wrote about. The women in the Middle East are trapped. In Frye's article she talked about how women are trapped, they know that some way, some how they could get out, but if they try they'll could get hurt. That is disturbing. Those women aren't worth anything to those men; they are just objects.
Fyre shows what oppression is by explaining the root; which is, press. To press something is to mold, flatten, or reduce it. That directly ties into what I was saying before about the women in the Middle East. Most women there are treated like shit. They aren't worth anything besides a caretaker. That is discussing. I wish that could change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JcBFAuLc-0WV9DM0hwV3RrSTQ/view?pli=1


















I know that oppression is happening in the United States as well. Women are being misread and mistreated. People in our world pin assumptions on women without any recollection of who they are or what they do.

What are all of your opinions on oppression in the United States and Middle East? Do you think people know what the word really means and how is applies to our lives? Have you ever seen anyone being oppressed?

3 comments:

  1. I like the pictures you chose for this blog really meaningful and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. When I was reading the article, I couldn't help but think of women in the Middle East too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly in the USA, I feel like some women don't even know what oppression is so they don't know when it's happening to them unless it's obvious.

    ReplyDelete