Saturday, October 10, 2015

Compulsory Heterosexuality

By Adrienne Rich


I found this article to be confusing, but after reading Shamonique's blog it clicked a little. I was a little shocked at what Rich was saying. She has valid points, but still seems like that naïve person that everyone hates for their dumb views on life. I really like the quote Shamonique used it really shapes the article and makes me very pissed. The quote is, "the lesbian is simple acting out of her bitterness towards men." I found that to be a bit disturbing. I honestly want to punch Rich in the face because one of my greatest friends is lesbian and she isn't angry or disappointed with men, she just likes women in a sexual way. This is when I get really pissed at the world because of people like Rich. Don't listen to Rich be gay if want to, no one is going to stop you.



https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JcBFAuLc-0SjlNWHFSYi0zWXc/view?pli=1











Does anyone else agree with what I'm saying? What are your takes on this article?

3 comments:

  1. Agreed 100%. The author's point of view (in my opinion) is completely backwards and sends an entirely wrong message. Well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really understand the article either but I agree with you! I have a lesbian friend and she has no hate towards men. She has a lot of men friends and I feel like what rich said about that is very disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Rich is saying is vaild, women who date women and men who seek men are not treated the same way a man who is dating women. It is so devastating because we live in this world that is called the land of opportunities as stated in Land of Limitations. However, I am not sure all the people in this land are given all opportunities without feeling shame and judgement. It is like a double standard.

    ReplyDelete